Night Talks x Free Dinner - RPE Orientation Talks 2021 : How to Excel in Studying RPE?
Night Talks x Free dinner
RPE Orientation Talks : How to Excel in Studying RPE?
- Dates: Three Friday nights - Sept 24; Oct 8 (postponed); Oct 15; 5 Nov (Change from 29 Oct)
- Time: 6:30-8:15pm (sharing & talk) followed by a free dinner (optional)
- Target : ALL RPE major students, priority to RPE freshmen
- Venue: OEM904
- Language: All talks in either Cantonese, Putonghua or English
Talk 1 (Sep 24): Philosophy
- Why do I love philosophical studies?
- How to excel in philosophical studies?
- Chairperson: Dr. William Ng
- Sharing by: Dr. William Ng; Prof. Zhang Jiji (followed by Q&A)
- The scope covers Western philosophy (both analytic & Continental) & Chinese philosophy.
Talk 2 (Oct 15): Religious Studies
- Why do I love religious studies?
- How to excel in religious studies?
- Chairperson: Prof. Chan Shun Hing
- Sharing by: Prof. Chan Shun Hing; Dr. Andrew Loke; Dr. Andrew Kwok (followed by Q&A)
- The scope covers religious studies in general, interdisciplinary study of religion, Christian studies & Chinese religions.
* Talk 3 (Nov 5 ): Ethics & "How to write a good essay in RPE?"
- Chairperson: Dr. George Mak
- Sharing by: Dr. Mark Boone, Dr. Benedict Chan, Prof. Ellen Zhang (followed by Q&A)
- Why do I love ethical studies?
- How to excel in ethical studies?
- The scope covers ethical theories, social issues & metaethics.
* Talk on Oct 29 has been changed to Nov 5