Starting from 2020/21 academic year, the RPE programme will be adopted a hybrid mode of admission. Interested applicants can admit into the programme via the following channels:
- Bachelor of Arts (JS2020) – Broad-based admission
- Bachelor of Arts in Religion, Philosophy and Ethics (JS2025) – Programme-based admission
- Senior-year Entrants for Associate Degree or Higher Diploma Holders
The admission requirement and graduation requirement for the first and second ways of admission are the same. Only the courses studied in the first two years are slightly different. Please check the study schedule in the curriculum structure for details.
HKBU General Admission Requirements (For HKDSE candidates)
|Elective subject 1||3|
|Elective subject 2||3|
- The first elective must be any Category A subjects including Extended Part of Mathematics (Module 1 or Module 2);
- The second elective can be any of the following subjects:
- Category A subjects;
- Other Language subjects at Grade E or above
Our BA Programmes count Mathematics Extended Module 1 or 2 as equivalent to HKDSE elective subjects.
**We count an Other Languages subject with grade E or above as an elective subject in score calculation.
The following JUPAS students will be preferred:
- Good results in 4 core subjects and 2 elective subjects
- Good results in Chinese Language and English Language
- Obtaining 5** in particular subjects
- Band A in JUPAS application
Calculation of scores for applicants with more than 1 sitting in HKDSE
We accept combined results and will count the best results for meeting our entrance requirements and for the calculation of admissions scores.
Please refer to the following websites for details of admission requirement: