- Philosophy of Religion; Chinese Philosophy (Daoism and Buddhism); Comparative Philosophy and Ethics
- FNRA: “Chinese and Cross-Cultural Health Humanities” (project leader)
- “War and Peace: A Comparative Perspective” (a collaborative project with scholars from US and UK)
- “Bioethics, Multiculturalism and Religion” (a project organized by UNESCO Chair in Bioethics and Human Rights
- “Forgetfulness and Flow: ‘Happiness’ in Zhuangzi’s Daoism.” Science, Religion & Culture, Vol. 5, Issue 2, 2019, 1-8 (double-column).
- “Informed Consent: A Critical Response from a Buddhist Perspective” Studia Bioethica, Vol. 12, No. 1, 2019, 20-38.
- “Daoism, Utopian Imagination and Its Discontents” in Imagination: Cross-Cultural Philosophical Analyses. eds. Hans-Georg Moeller and Andrew Whitehead (London/New York: Bloomsbury Academic Publishing, 2018), 103-126.
- “Neurogenomics and Neuroeudaimonics: Bioethical Challenges from a Buddhist Perspective” in Interreligious Perspectives on Mind, Genes and the Self, eds. Joseph Tham, Alberto Garcia. (London: Routledge, 2018), 31-49.
- “‘Weapons Are Nothing but Ominous Instruments’: The Daodejing’s View on War and Peace.” Journal of Religious Ethics, Vol. 3, 2012, 473-502.
- “Po: Jizang’s Method of Deconstruction.” in Dao Companion to Buddhist Studies. eds. Wawrytko, S and Wang, Y. (Dordrecht/New York: Springer, 2018), 189-216.
- “Negative Certainties: Nāgārjuna’s Challenge to Kant on the “Togetherness of Intuition and Concepts” Intuition: Kant and Asian Philosophy, ed. Stephen R. Palmquist (New York/London: Routledge), 2018, 122-136.
- “When the Ground of Being Encounters Emptiness: Tillich and Buddhism.” in Paul Tillich and Asian Religion, eds. Keith Chan. (Berlin: Walter de Gruyter publishers, 2017), 87- 107.
- “Human Rights and Freedom in Bioethics: A Philosophical Inquiry in Light of Buddhism” in Religious Perspectives on Bioethics and Human Rights, eds. Joseph Tham, Kai Man Kwan, Alberto Garcia (Dordrecht/New York: Springer, 2017), 77-89.
- 《我喜欢思奔,和陈升的歌——写在歌词里的十四堂哲学课》台北: 时报出版, 2018. 336页.
|Selected Conference Presentations:|
- “Huang-Lao’s Concept of Peace and War”. Just War and Military Ethics in Comparative Perspective: East Asia and the West. University of Virginia, US. Dec. 8-10, 2019.
- “Motherhood and Reproduction: ART from a Buddhist Perspective.” The 7th Conference on Bioethics, Multiculturalism and Religion (UNESCO Chair in Bioethics), Casablanca, Morocco. Nov. 9-11. 2019.
- “War and Peace according to the DDJ,” 11th International Conference on Applied Ethics, Center for Applied Ethics, Kyoto University, Dec. 2018.
- “Critique and Subversion: Rethinking Yang Zhu’s Conception of Self.” 22nd Symposium of the Académie du Midi. Alert-les Baines, France. May 20-25, 2018.
- “The Concept of Peace in Pre-Han China.” Conference on Western-Chinese Ethics on War and Peace. University of Virginia, US. Nov. 30 - 1 Dec. 1, 2018.
|Selected Research Grants:|
- Initiation Grant for FNRA 2019-2021. The Project Title: “Chinese and Cross-Cultural Health Humanities: Body, Mind, and Well-Being in the Contemporary Context”. (HK$512,000).
- GRF 2015-17. Project Title: “Early Daoist Philosophies of War and Peace and Its Contemporary Explications”. (HK$134,464)
- The United Board (teaching grant), 2014-2017. Project Title: “Asia Interreligious Development Network,” collaboration with Prof. Reza Horshmand of the GE office, HKBU. (US$120,000).