- Two Approaches to Empty Names: An Analysis of Scientific Theoretical Terms’, Studies in Dialectics of Nature, February 2018, Vol. 34 (2): 14-19.
- ‘Can There Be a Davidsonian Theory of Empty Names?’ in Linguistic and Philosophical Investigations into Proper Names, eds. Piotr Stalmaszczyk & Luis Fernández Moreno, Frankfurt: Peter Lang, February 2016, pp. 203-226. (ISBN: 978-3-631-66265-6)
‘Two Senses of Critical Thinking Teaching: Some Reflections and Experience’, Studies in Logic, December 2014, Vol. 7 (4): 105-116.
- ‘Who Wants To Be a Russellian About Names?’ in Philosophy of Language and Linguistics: The Legacy of Frege, Russell, Wittgenstein, ed. Piotr Stalmaszczyk, Berlin and Boston: De Gruyter, March 2014, pp. 161-180. (ISBN: 978-3-11-034275-8)
|Selected Conference Presentations:|
- ‘A Survey Report on How Proper Name Refers’, The 5th Philosophy of Language and Mind Network Conference (PLM5), University of St Andrews, UK, 29-31 August 2019.
- ‘How to Name an Empty Name’, NZAP AAP 2018 Conference, Victoria University Wellington, New Zealand, 8-12 July 2018.
- ‘A Two-Dimensional Semantic Framework for Empty Names’, accepted for Joint Session, organised by Aristotelian Society and the Mind Association, University of Oxford, 6-8 July 2018.
- ‘Metaphysics of Pregnancy, Personal Identity and the Objectification of Women’, Conference for The Philosophy of Pregnancy, Birth, and Early Motherhood, organised in association with SWIP, BUMP & PHILBIRTH, University of Southampton, UK, 21-22 June 2018.
- ‘The Semantics of Empty Names (II): Counterfactual Reference’, Philosophy of Language (I) Conference: Semantics of Fictional Discourse, Institute of Philosophy, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Bratislava, Slovak Republic, 20-21 October 2016.
- ‘Two Approaches to Empty Names’, Conference on Analysis, Practice and Creative Thinking, organised by Macau Chinese Philosophy Association, Macau, 22-24 August 2016.
- ‘The Semantics of Empty Names’, Joint Session, organised by Aristotelian Society and the Mind Association, Cardiff University, UK, 8-10 July 2016.
- ‘The Mozi and Some Western Approaches to Perpetual Peace’, International Conference on Waging Peace and Restraining War, Hong Kong Baptist University, Hong Kong, 22-23 Aug 2013.
- ‘Two Senses of Critical Thinking Teaching’, The 2013 Cross Strait Conference on Logical and Critical Thinking Teaching, organized by the Institute of Logic and Cognition of Sun Yat-Sen University and the Inner Mongolia University for the Nationalities, held at Tong Liao, Inner Mongolia, China, 10-12 August 2013.
- ‘Who Wants to Be a Russellian About Names?’, The Third International Conference on Philosophy of Language and Linguistics (PhiLang 2013), University of Lodz, Poland, 9-11 May 2013.
- ‘Causal Theories of Names’, International Conference on Kripke, Logic, Philosophy, Peking University, China, 2-4 September 2012.
- ‘On Causal Theories of Names’, Mini-Conference on Michael Devitt, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, 3 May 2012.
- ‘Truth Condition and Empty Names’, Taiwan Logic and Analytic Philosophy Inaugural Conference, National Taiwan University, Taiwan, 31 Oct -1 Nov 2009.
- ‘A Counterfactual Reference Theory’, Joint Session, organised by the Aristotelian Society and the Mind Association, University of East Anglia, UK, 10-12 July 2009.
- ‘Fregean Free Logic’, The 4th Cross Strait Conference on Logic Education and Research, organised by Hong Kong University of Science and Technology and Hong Kong Baptist University, Hong Kong, 24-25 June 2009.
- ‘A Counterfactual Reference Theory of Fictional Discourse’, The 8th National Conference of the Italian Society for Analytic Philosophy (SIFA): Ontology, Mind, and Language, University of Bergamo, Italy, 25-27 September 2008.
- ‘Empty Names and Free Logic’, Joint Session, organised by the Aristotelian Society and the Mind Association, University of Aberdeen, UK, 11-13 July 2008.
- ‘Supervaluation and Fregean Free Logic’, Open Minds Conference, University of Manchester, UK, 9-10 June 2008.
|Selected Research Grants:|
- ‘Meaning and Modality: A Foundational Study towards a New Theory of Empty Names’, Early Career Scheme, General Research Fund, Research Grants Council Hong Kong, 2015-2017, role: PI.
- ‘Fiction and Impossible World’, Faculty Research Grant Category I, Hong Kong Baptist University, 2017-2018, role: PI.
- ‘Two-Dimensionalism and Epistemic Possibility’, Faculty Research Grant Category I, Hong Kong Baptist University, 2013-2015, role: PI.
- ‘Meaning and Mind’, Faculty Research Grant Category II, Hong Kong Baptist University, 2012-2016, role: PI.