- Chinese Christianity; Christian Doctrine; Public Theology; Theological Hermeneutics
- Religious discourse, social participation, and identity construction of Hong Kong Protestant Christians from 1970 to 1997: An oral and documentary history
- The concept of social justice in the periodicals of foreign religions in China, 1911-1949: Protestant Christianity and Islam
- “The Narrative and the Triune Reality in the Theology of Robert Jenson: A Post-Karl Barth’s Development.” Yearbook of Chinese Theology 5 (2019): 3-27.
- “Theology of Religions and Intertextuality: A Case Study of Christian–Confucian and Islamic–Confucian Dialogue in the Early 20th-Century China.” Religions 10.7 (July 2019): 417. (Scopus and A&HCI Indexed Journal)
- “Seeking justice in the midst of war: The experience of war for Chinese Christians as revealed in The True Light Review, 1937–1941.” Studies in World Christianity 24.3 (Dec. 2018): 234-254. (Scopus and A&HCI Indexed Journal)
- “Christ-human and Jia Yuming’s Doctrine of Sanctification.” In Zheng Yangwen, ed. Sinicizing Christianity, pp. 109-136. Leiden: Brill, 2017.
- “Narrative therapy, theology, and relational openness: Reconstructing the connection between postmodern therapy and traditional theology.” Journal of Psychology and Theology 44.3 (Fall 2016): 201-212. (Scopus, A&HCI and SSCI Indexed Journal)
|Selected Conference Presentations:|
- Keynote speech: “Spirituality of Desire and Body Theology,” 2019 Fellowship of Theologians, Organized by Taiwan Graduate School of Theology, 6-7 December 2019.
- Invited presentation: “‘Going Forth to Teach, We Shall Have Learnt’: The Case of F. S. Drake at Shantung Christian University/Cheeloo University,” Retrospect and Prospect: The International Symposium on Thirty Years’ Research on History of Christian Colleges in China, Co-organized by Harvard-Yenching Institute, College of History and Culture, Shandong University, and College of Liberal Arts, Shanghai University, 11-14 October 2019.
- Invited presentation: “Sinicization, Christianity, and Religious Policy since 2012: A Political Theology Reflection,” The Montagu Barker Lecture Series of The Oxford Centre for Mission Studies, 14 May 2019.
- Invited presentation: “The Chinese Church and Its Mission,” In Dialogue with Jürgen Moltmann—Hong Kong Expert Forum, Organized by Institute of Sino-Christian Studies and Divinity School of Chung Chi College, Chinese University of Hong Kong, 23 April 2018.
|Selected Research Grants:|
- Digital Scholarship Grant, Hong Kong Baptist University, 2018-19.
- Project Title: “Digital Oral and Documentary History Database for the Social Participation of Hong Kong Protestant Christians from 1970 to 1997”. (HKD100,000)
- General Research Fund, Research Grant Council, HKSAR Government. 2017-19.
- Project Title: “Religious discourse, social participation, and identity construction of Hong Kong Protestant Christians from 1970 to 1997: An oral and documentary history” (HKD406,964)
- General Research Fund, Research Grant Council, HKSAR Government. 2015-17.
- Project Title: “The concept of social justice in the periodicals of foreign religions in China, 1911-1949: Protestant Christianity and Islam” (HKD264,400)
- Donation from Tin Ka Ping Foundation on Whole Person Education (HKD1,000,000)
|Knowledge Transfer Activities / Projects:|
- Peace-building workshops. Collaborated with Cedar Fund, Hong Kong, 2019-present
- Christian Social Innovation and Social Enterprises. Collaborated with Fullness Social Enterprises Society, 2014-present