Student Creative Work Competition - Epidemic x Wounded World 「疫症 x 受傷的世界創作比賽」
Month of Religion, Philosophy and Ethics 2020/21
Student Creative Work Competition
Topic: Epidemic x Wounded World (疫症 x 受傷的世界)
Results of the Student Creative Work Competition - Epidemic x Wounded World
The Department of Religion and Philosophy receives a total of 16 entries participating in the Student Creative Work Competition "Epidemic x Wounded World" of the Month of Religion, Philosophy and Ethics 2020-21 series. The panel were impressed by the diversity and the quality of the entries. We are pleased to announced the results of the Competition below:
給黛安娜 / To Diana
PhD, Chinese Language and Literature
BA (Hons) in Humanities
Li Tsz Ching,
BA (Hons) in English Language and Literature
Merit(HK$200 book coupon each)
We would like to thank every participants for their efforts and for being a part of this competition. A prize presentation ceremony will be held in early September 2021. All participants will be awarded a certificate of participation. Details of the ceremony will be announced in due course.
Special thanks to HKBU Century Club for supporting and sponsoring this Competition and the Month of Religion, Philosophy and Ethics 2020-21.
Department of Religion and Philosophy
HKBU Century Club
Participants may relate the topic by one or more of the following sub-topics with religion and philosophy
- Life and death
- Social distancing
- Loneliness and solitude
- Reflections of life
- There is no restriction on the format, but story, poem, lyric, photo, comic, animation, mobile movie etc. are preferred.
- For submission of story, poem and lyric, there should be no more than 6000 characters in Chinese and 10000 words in English.
- For submission of photo, the format should be jpg/jpeg with 300 at least dpi. Photo-editing is not allowed.
- For submission of videos or movies, it must be not more than 3 minutes. They can be created by using any production techniques. The format should be mp4 /.mov
1st Runner-up: HK$2,000
2nd Runner-up: HK$1,000
Participants submitting videos or animation can have a maximum of HK$500 support related to the shooting or production. Participants have to provide original receipts for the reimbursement of the expenses.
All HKBU students. Each entry can be submitted by an individual or a group of not more than four students.
- All footages, audio clips (including music) and ideas of the script used in the entry are used legally, and authorization(s) has been granted from the copyright owner(s); the participants should bear the legal responsibilities of the copyright of the entry.
- Participants should sign the consent form for allowing the Department of Religion and Philosophy to use the submitted works for educational and promotion purpose.
- All videos/animations submitted, no matter awarded or not, will become the property of the Department of Religion and Philosophy and can be used for future promotional or educational purposes. The Department of Religion and Philosophy is authorized to use all or any parts of the entries including but not limited to website releases, publications, exhibition of the entries and production of teaching kits. In all cases, no specific notification or further payment will be given to the participants except the incentive and/or award (if applicable) initially given.
Please complete the Online Enrolment and Consent Form by 16 April 2021 (Fri):
Before filling the online enrollment and consent form, please note the followings:
- Please READ the Guidelines on this webpage.
- Please prepare the link for us to download your entry.
- Participants submitting videos or animation can have a maximum of HK$500 support related to the shooting or production. Participants have to provide original receipts for the reimbursement of the expenses to the General Office of Department of Religion and Philosophy at CEC1001 during our office hour (Mon – Fri, 9:00 – 1:00pm, 2:00 – 5:50pm) before the deadline (16 April 2021).
Rules and Regulations
- Each person can only participate either as an individual or as a member of one and only one group.
- Each individual or team can submit ONE work only.
- Seeking assistance from professional videographers or professional editors is not allowed.
- Participants must obtain appropriate copyright authorization in advance on all clips, photos or music used.
- Entry must be original and unpublished work.
- The Department of Religion and Philosophy reserves the right to amend the regulations and other arrangements without prior notice, and the organizer’s decision on all matters relating to Competition will be final.
- In the event of disputes, the Department of Religion and Philosophy reserves the right to disqualify any entry and/or retract any award from the entrant.
The selection panel will consider and score each entry according to the following criteria. Judges’ decisions are final.
|Message Content (40 points)||Creativity and Originality (40 points)|
|Bonus Points for Video Submission (10 points)||People’s Choice – Most Likes (10 points)|
- Deadline of submission: 16 April 2021
- Start of polling date: 21 April 2021
- End of polling date: 5pm, 30 April 2021
- Result announcement: 31 May 2021