Night Talks x Free Dinner - RPE Orientation Talks 2021 : How to Excel in Studying RPE?
Night Talks x Free dinner
RPE Orientation Talks : How to Excel in Studying RPE?
- Dates: Four Friday nights - Sept 24; Oct 8; Oct 15; Oct 29
- Time: 6:30-8:15pm (sharing & talk) followed by a free dinner (optional)
- Target : ALL RPE major students, priority to RPE freshmen
- Venue: OEM904
- Language: All talks in either Cantonese, Putonghua or English
Talk 1 (Sep 24): Philosophy
- Why do I love philosophical studies?
- How to excel in philosophical studies?
- Chairperson: Dr. William Ng
- Sharing by: Dr. William Ng; Prof. Zhang Jiji (followed by Q&A)
- The scope covers Western philosophy (both analytic & Continental) & Chinese philosophy.
Talk 2 (Oct 8): Ethics
- Why do I love ethical studies?
- How to excel in ethical studies?
- Chairperson: Prof. Kwan Kai Man
- Sharing by: Dr. Benedict Chan; Prof. Ellen Zhang (followed by Q&A)
- The scope covers ethical theories, social issues & metaethics.
Talk 3 (Oct 15): Religious Studies
- Why do I love religious studies?
- How to excel in religious studies?
- Chairperson: Prof. Chan Shun Hing
- Sharing by: Prof. Chan Shun Hing; Dr. Andrew Loke; Dr. Andrew Kwok (followed by Q&A)
- The scope covers religious studies in general, interdisciplinary study of religion, Christian studies & Chinese religions.
Talk 4 (Oct 29): How to write a good essay in RPE?
- Chairperson: Dr. George Mak
- Sharing by: Dr. Mark Boone